You can help fix the problem. Spay or neuter your pet.
SPAY/NEUTER PROGRAMS FROM NKLA COALITION PARTNERS
NKLA Coalition partners offer many different options to help you spay or neuter your pet. It’s possible that your pet may even qualify for a discounted or free spay/neuter surgery. Please note that services for community cats will vary.
Spay and Neuter FAQs
How long does S/N take? It depends on the animal’s breed, age, temperament and other factors.
What age should I S/N my pet? As early as 8 weeks old in many cases. However, you should always consult your vet.
Is it a difficult procedure? Spaying and neutering are routine procedures, and complications are rare.
WHY YOU SHOULD SPAY AND NEUTER
- You prevent unwanted litters of puppies and kittens.
- It helps prevent “marking” inside your home.
- Your pet is less likely to get certain types of cancer.
- There are discount programs to make the surgery affordable.
- Male dogs and cats won’t be as inclined to try to run away.
- Females won’t go into heat.
- Spaying and neutering your pet is good for the community.
- Bottom line is it saves lives, and is better for your pet!