Adopt a Pet
The NKLA Pet Adoption Center is now open from 12 PM-4 PM Friday through Sunday.
Click here to see dogs currently at our NKLA Pet Adoption Center
Click here to see cats currently at our NKLA Pet Adoption Center
Click here to see adoptable dogs, cats, and kittens at the Mission Hills Lifesaving Center
Click here to see adoptable dogs and cats from our NKLA Coalition Partners
If you are interested in adopting a pet, please complete our dog adoption survey or cat adoption survey to provide us information about your lifestyle and what you are looking for in a dog or cat. An adoption specialist will be in touch with you within 48 hours via phone or email to advise next steps. Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support for the animals of Los Angeles.
To help the animals of NKLA/Best Friends in L.A. and/or your local rescue or shelter, visit the following resource pages:
NKLA PET ADOPTION CENTER
The state-of-the-art pet adoption center for NKLA Coalition partners features:
- More than 100 kittens, puppies, cats and dogs excited to meet you
- Pets who are up-to-date on vaccinations, microchipped, spayed or neutered, and ready to go home today
- Gift certificates to go towards a pet adoption
- NKLA Boutique in the center for all your pet's necessities, including customized pet ID tags for just $5, and exclusive NKLA merchandise
Note: The NKLA Pet Adoption Center does not accept pets from the public. If you have a pet you need to relinquish, please visit your local LA Animal Services shelter.
ADOPTION PROCESS AND REQUIREMENTS
All adopters must be 18 years of age or older and must present valid/current government-issued identification at the time of adoption.
Prior to adopting a dog or cat from the NKLA Pet Adoption Center, adopters will need the knowledge and consent of their landlord.
Most importantly, all adopters must be willing and able to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and proper care for their new pet.
Note: For long distance adoptions, adopter must visit the pet in person at our center and coordinate pet's transportation at their own cost.
- Each of our NKLA Coalition partners set their own adoption fees. Regular adoption fees range from:
- Cats & Kittens: $25 to $125
- Dogs (over 6 months): $100 to $250
- Puppies (6 months and under): $350
- Select pets five years and older are $5 to adopt all year long if you are 55 years or older (ask us about our 5 for 55 program)!
- Additional Fees: There is also a $20 pet license for dogs that applies to adopters living in the city of Los Angeles.
1845 Pontius Ave, West L.A. 90025
Conveniently located just off Santa Monica Blvd and the 405 Freeway, minutes from Century City Mall.
PHONE: (424) 208-8840
We are open FROM 12 pm - 4 pm Friday through Sunday.
Adopt a Pet. Save a Life.
Find your next pet at the NKLA Pet Adoption Center in West LA